Thursday, March 5, 2015

3 am, darkness and memories

3 am and I are old friends.  The darkness of night seems to calm me, and bring forth memories.  Memories of days gone by.  Whispers of solitude and warmth.

It's in these moments that I listen to music.  Music soothes me and brings memories.  Memories that I relish and some that make me cringe.  But, each memory gives me a moment of reflection.  A time that allows me to see things a little clearer.

I started this blog when I was in a very dark place in my life.  A place that felt like a cold hand pulling me down.  Eventually, I began to write things that made me happy.  I decided that I refused to live in the shadows of that cold hand.  An unspoken fear that I will not allow to control me.

While I still embrace that concept and revel in the warmth of it, there is still darkness.  Just below the surface.  Sometimes, I fight it so very much that sometimes it feels like it is all I do.  But, most of the time, I allow it to come forth and I blast it with sunshine.  Because, the sunshine brings laughter.  And, if I have learned anything these last few years, its that if you cannot laugh at yourself, you will NEVER survive this life.

Memories, if they are good or bad, sustain us and haunt us.  Sometimes, 3 am is when me meet.....

No comments:

Post a Comment