Monday, May 7, 2012

Eating Crow

I have never claimed to be perfect.  More like perfectly flawed. :)

I had a situation occur in the Fall, that had my daughter hurt.  Her feelings hurt.  It was hard to watch and I acted like a Mama lion and came roaring out.

I made comments about the teacher who had hurt her on Facebook.  I was sooooo noble....(sarcasm)
I didn't say her name, but I was brutal and cruel.  No matter how noble I THOUGHT I was, ultimately, I was an ass.  I took a situation that should have been dealt with maturely and turned it into a playground fight.

I am exactly like all the people, who I despise, who do this.  I was totally convinced that I was right, but deep down....cruelty doesn't need to be spread around.  There is enough already.  I added to the horrible pile and called it justification.

Many things have occurred because of those comments.  Some things were done by other people.  Their actions speak about them. Just as mine spoke about me.  If nothing else--- Karma is a bitch.  I put negativity and ugliness out into the universe and it came back with a vengeance.

I recently attempted to make ammends with the woman who I hurt.  I don't agree with how she handled the situation, but knowing that I made it WORSE, made we re-evaluate.

If I am to teach my daughter about forgiveness and honor, I need to SHOW her this.  Only then will I have been a good mother.

So, eating crow SUCKS.  But, it was and IS the right thing to do.  For me it was as necessary as breathing.  I need to be able to smile at the girl in the mirror.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment