Monday, May 14, 2012

Love and Hate

I had to delete someone from my Facebook page this week. She was someone from my high school days. Not a friend, but not an enemy. Just someone. She has her opinions and I have mine. She tends to get very riled up over politics, religion, weather... You name it, she has a problem with it.

I didn't have a problem with her rants, she has freedom of speech behind her and she wasn't being cruel. Not specifically. Well, not by name anyway.

But this week she joined - the I hate Obama because he likes gays wagon. She used our catholic faith as her wagon of choice and there, she crossed a line.

See, I have a problem with anyone who can truly say they are a religious person, but HATE an entire group of people because of who they LOVE.

That is it. That is the core of people who are against homosexuals. They are against love.

LOVE is the greatest force on earth. It's cousin HATE..right behind her. To hate so fully...With a passion that rivals all that is in your soul. That is a lot of energy that is being shoved out into the world. And we wonder why it comes flying back to us so much.

Every negative thought or action you take eventually makes it way back to you. Love is the same way.

I don't give a rats ass what the bible says about marriage. Love is love. Period. If you are lucky enough to find it, hold the hell onto it. Purple, brown, green,black, white, gay, atheist... Whatever the hell you are. There is nothing more precious.

And.....
I am pretty sure when God said love thy neighbor, he meant everyone.

I don't hate people who spread the hate around. I feel sorry for them and I pray for them. To hate so many people over whom they love... how tragic a life.

So, I deleted her not because of her statements, but rather the hate.

There is enough hate in this wicked and wonderful world and I didn't need a front row seat this week for it.

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
JK Rowling

Choose LOVE. Always choose love over hate. Always.




No comments:

Post a Comment