Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Broken

I have a new song that seems to be speaking to my heart right now.  Broken by Lifehouse.  The lyrics seem to have more meaning that I would care to see.  "I am falling apart, I am barely breathing, with a broken heart that is still beating...."

The part that has me wanting to step back and to re-evaulate it, is that it does NOT reflect me or my life.  But, for today, it represents the state of my mind.  The place that is dark and scary and whispers things that scare me and makes me stand up and really look inward.

My crossroad came, and it was a doozy.  But, it is an internal conflict, one that has external contributors.  Does it define me. No.  Will it change me. Yes.  And that is not a bad thing.

The greatest trials that I have lived through have brought me more than my fair share of scars and I wouldn't change them for the world.  Every slash on my soul helps to bring light to the broken part of my soul right now.

So, broken may be where I am, but I have faith that it can be restored.  One small piece at a time.

"...In the pain there is still healing" Lifehouse

1 comment: