Monday, April 9, 2012

Home

Home means a lot of different things to me.

I was born in Indiana.  I lived my very early years in Ohio.  I grew up in New Orleans-high school, college, fell in love, marriage, my daughter, the loss of a baby.  I have spent my 30's in Texas.  Ultimately, none of them is home. Not really.  They hold memories and stories and friendships and family, but not home anymore.

So, home has many different meanings.  So, being lost means I can always find my way home.  I just don't know if it is a place anymore.

Home ultimately is my hubs and my girl.  Always.

When the world closes in and the tides are pulling me under, they are my lifeboat. My sun peeking through the clouds.

Don't get me wrong, Ohio and NOLA are in my soul too.  And while I miss the family that both those states hold, I just don't belong there anymore.

I don't know where I really belong in terms of "the PLACE", I just know that wherever my 2 honey's are is the perfect place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment