Tuesday, April 10, 2012

That damn Pet Curse

We have been living under a pet curse.  Our first pet, Ariel the fish.  She blew up.  Yes, you read that right..BLEW UP.  I don't know how.  I don't understand.  But one day she was there and the next day...bits of her were all over the tank.  It went down hill from there.

Next came Piper the first puppy.  She was discovered by the landlord.  Either pay a hefty pet charge or get rid of the dog.  $1000 right before Christmas... UH...Bye-Bye Piper!

So we decided to get a cat. Why not!  Potter was sweet and fluffy.  Oh so cute.  We took him to get fixed.  A week later, after he was healed, we let him outside and never saw him again.

But, did we believe the curse yet. NO!!  Coincidence it was, we said.  No reason to be concerned!!

Next came Grace.  The rescue dog.  A BIG ass boxer mix.  She was adorable, but HUGE.  My sweet girl was terrified of her.  When Grace went through the fence to see the neighbor kids and jumped on one of the girls causing that said sweet neighbor girl to go to the hospital and get stitches.  Grace had to go.  Scared daughter and now scared neighbor.  Bye Bye Grace.

We thought..MAYbeeee it is just dogs!  Dog curse!!  That's it.  Nothingggg to be concerned about.

So we went with another cat. Hagrid.  (It's a Harry Potter theme :) Anywho.  He was ok.  He attacked my feet and bit me all the time.  Destroyed many pieces of furniture.  But, he was a cat and I expected it.  I could get past this.  He was NOT going to stay outside. Period.  He spent a small fortune in this crazy ass town and had him neutered and de-clawed.  Awww, peace of mind.  But wait.....
After COUNTLESS trips to my doctor and being on 5 different allergy medications, it turns out that I am allergic to cats. WTH?!?!  Hagrid went live with a nice Doctor who feeds him by hand.  He moved on up!

The curse is REAL.  We were convinced now.  No more pets.  NONE!!

But, that sweet baby girl of ours....heartbroken and an only child.  How could we do that to her, she said.  HOW!! 

Crap.

Now what?!?! 

We caved.  I know.  What the hell were we thinking.  Haven't we learned our lesson? 

Nope.

So, we got Tyson.  He was named after the Cyclops Tyson in the Percy Jackson books.  I wanted Neville from Harry Potter.  Sweet girl said it was time to have Percy Jackson represented.  I think we would have had a Peeta if we had gotten Tyson a few months later. My girl and her books.  I don't know where she gets this obsessive character love from :)

But someone was looking out for us. Tyson was meant to be ours.  He likes to sleep late.  He is mellow and doesn't bark.  The BEST dog ever!!  I think we were meant to go through ALL the pain and suffering to get him.

Everything happens for a reason.  You just have to believe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment